With legacy giving, you can shape the way you will be remembered.
Welcome to the
“As we look to the future…”
These words take on new meaning at special times in our lives, especially times that are cause for reflection.
I thought of these words when planning our first Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival in 1998, also on our 10th Anniversary, and again on our 20th.
I think of them now, as we introduce our OICMF Legacy Circle to help assure that what we have created together will prosper into the future – as a living, breathing musical legacy for us all.
Brilliant musicians such as the Miró Quartet inspire and assure us that a new generation of artists will be prepared to build on the rich tradition we have begun, even beyond our lifetimes – inspiring new audiences, volunteers, and supporters.
It’s all part of our Classical Music with a View.
Founder and Artistic Director
Every Gift a Legacy
You can personally participate in the future of this vibrant musical tradition by making a music legacy gift to OICMF.
You don’t need a vast estate to be an important contributor. Your legacy gift, large or small, is important to the future of OICMF and as an encouragement to others.
Your gift will also become part of your personal lifetime legacy – acknowledged in the present and remembered long into the future by our growing OICMF family.
Five Giving Approaches
- You can name the Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival as a beneficiary in your individual retirement plan (IRA), other retirement account, or life insurance policy.
- You can make a charitable bequest to OICMF in your will, either a specific sum or a percentage of your remaining estate.
- You can make a contingent bequest, naming OICMF as a beneficiary if one or more of your beneficiaries does not survive the donor.
- In your estate plan, you can donate appreciated investments or real property to realize tax benefits for your estate or heirs.
- You can bequeath a perpetual Festival Sponsorship at any giving level.
Helpful Guidance is Available
To assist you and your financial or tax advisor, our OICMF staff can help provide sample language used by other legacy donors.
You can designate exactly the way you want your legacy gift to be used – perhaps to fund a concert or artist, or to sponsor a youth education program, or to commission an original work.
Or you can simply ask the Artistic Director and OICMF Board to use your gift in a way that is most effective and memorable.
OICMF Legacy Circle
Contact OICMF Executive Director Anita Orne for more information about various gift levels and what they might fund in the future.
Anita Orne, Executive Director
Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival
360-376-6636 or 866-492-0003